It is relatively common that what should be recognized as a warning flag of major trouble is often ignored until things get so bad that it is almost impossible not to notice.
Can You Afford to Eat?
If you’re considering a move away from an economically, politically, and/or socially risky area, it would not only be a good idea to check out the availability of goods in the supermarket of the destination you’re considering.
When any state has reached the point that it grooms its people to cease to have beliefs, it has already gone far beyond the point of validity.
The Precious Metals Week in Review – March 17th, 2023
1. Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse reverberates in global markets. Trading has been halted in First Republic Bank Monday morning after shares dropped by a record 67 percent before the market opened. This is after Joe Biden claimed, “US banking is safe”. The San-Francisco-based bank, whose clientele includes Mark Zuckerberg saw its share price plunge from…
The Precious Metals Week in Review – March 10th, 2023
1. A “perfect storm” is brewing, and markets this year are going to get hit with a recession, a debt crisis, and out-of-control inflation, the economist Nouriel Roubini said. Roubini, one of the first economists to call the 2008 recession, has been warning for months of a stagflationary debt crisis, which would combine the worst…
Sex, Drugs & Rock ‘n’ Roll
The boomer generation reached their teens in the 1960s and have grown accustomed to receiving whatever they wanted in life, they were young adults and wanted to party.
They Wouldn’t Really Go Nuclear, Would They?
It should be emphasized that nuclear war is by no means a certainty… but we are dangerously close.
The Precious Metals Week in Review – March 3rd, 2023
1. There’s something of a ritual performed each time Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell speaks to the press: A reporter asks Powell about financial conditions; he says they’ve tightened a lot; the Wall Street crowd snickers. To them, the notion seems ludicrous. Notwithstanding the selloff over the past few weeks, markets have rallied in start-and-stop…
The Precious Metals Week in Review – February 24th, 2023
1. Stock investors that have turned too optimistic about the economic outlook are setting up for disappointment, according to JPMorgan Chase strategists. Wall Street traders refrained from making any huge bets in the run-up to the highly anticipated minutes of the Federal Reserve’s latest policy gathering, with stocks, bonds, and the dollar posting small moves.…
The Precious Metals Week in Review – February 17th, 2023
1. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is said to be considering a meeting with Wang Yi, China’s top diplomat, at a security conference later this week. It would be their first face-to-face talk since Beijing ignited an international uproar with an alleged spy balloon lazily moving across the whole US mainland, triggering a spike…